Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by antlers
Bland or insipid intellectual fare is an apt description (to me) of dogma and orthodoxy, compared to the first-generation passion of what it meant to simply strive to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus. The first century approach to advancing the gospel modeled by Jesus and His apostles is very different from what we see today. And it’s very different from what we’ve seen after about the first 300 years of Christianity.
This could well explain the rapid growth of Biblically based Community Churches that are specifically non denominational.
Yep. Can’t blame em’. Kinda like another reformation, so to speak. To heck with bein’ told what you’re ‘supposed’ to believe just because it’s part of some set of principles laid down as being incontrovertibly true by other men in authoritative positions (like Pope’s and Archbishop’s and other ecumenical patriarch‘s and such). Same goes for formal catechisms, creeds, and confessions. I’ll draw my own conclusions in these matters, rather than have em’ dictated to me by someone else.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.