Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
If you mechanically lock it to the barrel with pins or with a dimple-set screw then it’ll work. Clamping with loctite can and eventually will come loose. The best armorers in the country for fighting rifles all agree on this. There’s a reason the mil-spec calls for taper pins on a fighting rifle. I don’t know how hot you have to get 290loctite but a single mag dump isn’t “hot”.

Even if the WOA railed gas block is pinned in place, it’a still not a good choice. It’s too big and a rail won’t fit over it. A longer rail helps when shooting off barricades so the barrel won’t contact the barricade. And it gives you more light mounting options.

If y’all want advice, it’s that the WOA railed gas block is detrimental to a fighting rifle.

Chamber it in 5.56.

There’s no guarantee that they’ll be shooting between 69-77 grains, and they’ll almost certainly never actually shoot a 69 or 77. He’s going to be operating in a different world than that. Ammo might range anywhere from 55grain surplus to 75grain duty ammo, there’s just no telling. I’d bet that 95% of what he ever fired will be 3moa fmj.

We've run rattle battle training with our A2s and A4s with multiple 30 rounds of precise shooting prone at 600 never once we had any gas block come loose. The screws on the clamp type and the block itself locktited never had any issues. Back when I was shooting 10K plus rounds a year, different application obviously, come rebarreling at 3 a year, releasing the front sight base from the barrel have to put a propane torch till the green Locktite starts smoking, then tap it out.

I suppose whoever would use this rifle will probably not going to use up a standard combat load, nor will run up more rounds in an encounter than we did in one training session.

Of course the final config will be settled once I chance to chat with the end user.

USAF 1972-1978
HM XC Service Rifle
Distinguish Badge 1234
P100