Originally Posted by MontanaMan
No hate at all that I see..............but down the road, maybe some toldjaso's. wink

Most of the people on here giving you some good advice have done / used what you are asking about more than once; you admit to not knowing & not having done it.

Your mind on the general configuration was made up before your 1st post & though I haven't been place really close attention to where you are now, but it looks like about all you've changed is going to a 16" barrel from the originally intended 18".

There are people / builders / manufacturers that specialize in different type of configurations, & your guy is obviously very good in his niche, but maybe not quite at the same level in this particular niche.

JMHO, YMMV

MM

During My short time in Afghanistan we were issued 14.5 " Bushmasters with the 3 round burst. We worked out of up armoured Chevy Siverados. We had a factory issue M4 collapsible stock. We never had lot's of room in the cabs of those Chevies and I always thought they were the perfect rifle for those trucks. I didn't think they were too long or too heavy. Mine had a standard carry handle but some of the guys had Aim Point patrol optics. I put together my own version of that rifle. I no longer work out of a patrol car or up armored pickup but I wouldn't be afraid to carry one just like it again. Sometimes I think we over think what is viable and would work well for us. All we need is some familiarization and training. Problem solved.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.