Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by battue

Only problem with many of the older ones, and the old Brit shotguns are especially suspect, is soft steel. Will only show itself if the gun has been shot more than a little. However, one of the reasons the Brit guns of the past were sent back to be tightened up on a regular basis. Which also was true of the old London "Best" that were used extensively on the driven fields. And a good reason for having any older double checked out by someone who knows what they are looking at. That and if a part lets loose, you are most likely looking at having a good smith duplicate it. Which may or may not hurt more than a little.

That’s exactly why you need to look at

http://www.hillrodandgun.com/

The barrels, action and wood has all been checked for tolerance and guaranteed. No guesswork here, just a solid guarantee:

We offer a five day inspection period with a "Return demanded if not delighted!" - no questions asked return policy.

There isn’t any used gun that will always past scrutiny regardless of origin.

There is no guesswork at Hill Rod And Gun

Just to clarify, are you associated with Hill Rod and Gun?

Clarification is what is lacking on the Campfire. I have nothing to do with Hill Rod And Gun, but the site speaks for itself.

So many times endorsements are little more than someone trying to make an unsupported opinion. Check out the elk hunting forum and you will find many opinions of guys that have never shot an elk.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.