When people act in self-interest, one may lose a job, a spouse, a deal, about anything can and does happen.

When a dog acts in self interest, one might lose a piece of unwatched cheese or meat from a plate.

A dog i can trust. A chance he might hump my leg one day, but he won’t f me in the azz.

Comes down to “just a dog,” i know. But their love and loyalty, while “just a dog,” is sincere.

My little old lady farm dog. You know the type: ever vigilant, ever duty-bound, and sweetest of dispositions. Arthritis is bad now, moving slow, but surprised me the other weekend at the cabin - she’d been fully underwater in the creek appears, probably frogging. Good girl, Sandy.

[Linked Image]

She can have the soft bed whenever she likes. She’s earned it. Sheets can be washed, hell.

[Linked Image]

My permanent 3yo toddler, Hanklin Delano. Ever in trouble, ever worships his daddy. Silly poodle - like life and like human children, he is who he is, but he’s my boy and best little buddy. Goes everywhere.

In bed of ‘67 f250, mountain forest road, waiting for the fireworks over town below this past 4th.

[Linked Image]

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.