Originally Posted by sakoron
It's been quite a while since I've fooled with any of my remaining rifles, or posted anything here, but here it go's. I'm now past my mid 70's & semi retired, and getting a little bored with the BH's antique & collectable furniture resale bidnizz.

I picked up a Tikka swede couple years ago and it & it's compatriots have all been left in hibernation for last 5+ years. Last week I had both of the rifles re scoped last week, intending to use both of them for the coming season if at all possible. I have a Marlin SS 270 as my "beater" ready to go that got what little I've used anything before I let the Range Card expire. The Range Card got renewed too.

I just posted a trade deal on my local board looking to pick up some 6.5 & 7x57 brass & bullets as if times had not changed from 5+ years ago like it was still yesteryear's easy access availability of ammo or components. Still have a complete but very small supply of 6.5 & 7x57 components from a previous Swede, enough to get started with again, and have some trade bait in once fired 7Rmg brass from the guy in the Florida panhandle leftover ...but the Wby SS 7Rmg the brass was bought for was never fired and it went away this spring. The leftover 7mm bullets that were bought for the 7mag are all over 150 gr's are going to go away will be hopefully replaced with 120 - 140 gr'ers in similar styled Game bullets to feed an early 70's era 7x57 1st Year's limited production run from the rebirth of the WW Fwt's , and is in a little better condition for a component stock pile predicament than the Tikka Swede's almost bare cupboard ...but the Swede is going to get used 1st based the success I had with my 1st Tikka Swede.

So the 1st ?? is .....what items should I chase initially and are the hardest items to find in components in 6.5x55 stuff? Got enough Swede brass & bullets to get started with to support mebbe a steady batch of 50-100 rounds of ammo. & about ditto for the 7x57 except for the leftover 150/154/160 gr bullets meant for the now departed 7rmg .... just don't want to leave the the Vintage caliber shooters at home anymore. Ya'lls comments are appreciated.
Ron

Reloading components are slowly becoming more available..... with the exception of primers. Good 6.5mm hunting bullets are scarce too. I have found you have to keep looking at the online merchants to get your powder and bullets, but it is out there esp if you are willing to work with powders that are not the "go to" powders of the tacti-cool crowd.

I don't know if this is verboten to post here but these are where I have gotten resupplied with powders:
Powder Valley
Midway
Brownell's
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Precision Reloading
Natchez
Hodgdens

For bullets:
Red River Reloading
Scheels
Shooter's Pro Shops
Midway
MidSouth Shooters Supply
LG

Glad to hear you have rediscovered lost passions.