Originally Posted by flintlocke
Seafire, thanks for posting your mild loads for long throat milsurps on page 9. I needed another brush gun like a hole in the head, but a Norwegian Krag followed me home the other day....Bubba sporter, cleaned it up, and the first load I tried was your 30 gr of Rel-7 and a heavy roundnose...bingo. With iron sights, 10 shots in less than 2 moa with a bore that looks like a poorly maintained culvert. Big smile, because that is not how my yard sale bargains usually turn out.

Almost been a year when Flintlocke posted this. First, you're welcome buddy, Glad to help out.

Revisited the concept this past weekend, still works real well. I am trying to help out a campfire member with a bad shoulder and neck problem, who hunts with a Swede. Figuring loads like this might be the ticket. Recoil is silly soft, mild push... no quick kick back...

The load with the 160 grain Sierra and Hornady Round Nose bullets, duplicate the old 1890s velocity at right around 2300 fps.

But a little quicker, with the 140s from Remington @ around 2400 fps, equal to the old 300 Savage velocity range.

120s are about 2500 fps, and the 100 grain B/Tips or 100 Sierra HPs, equal what a Grendal can push them at.

In fact this 30 gr RL 7, pretty much turns the old Swede into a Grendal., although I doubt anyone has a Grendal with a 29 inch barrel, like this 1919 production Carl Gustav. and as a bonus.... the Nordic Accuracy Gods smile on this combo also....

I walked out of the garage with the old Swede this morning, to put it in the safe... and the two deer grazing in the front yard, just took off...
They must know something about a Swede also... normally they just look at ya, while they munch away on the green grass in the front yard...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez