Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Ahhhhhh OBM. Offshore.

Top 4 oh chits....

4. Swivel packing going out on Varco top drive.

3. Mud pump pop offs weren’t plumbed anywhere. Can fug up a pump room quicker than hand can call driller on guitronics.

2. Worm shaker hand closed gates on ditch. Shakers were over running. Filled up ditch. And deck. Luckily didn’t go over kick plate.

1. Flow line came apart @ dresser sleeve under rig floor. Covered platform. And walkway and satellite platform.
Co man: did any go in the water?
Night Toolpusher: i don’t *think* so.
Co man: good deal. 😂 resumes watching Gunsmoke.

I’ve seen 2 & 3. Except I was only on land rigs so when I saw #2, it just went all over the place from Maine to Spain. The crew was so jam up that the driller was the first one to catch it when his volume was off. Thought we were taking losses. We were. To the pad. Night hands were just down there in the change house watchin the world go by.

Man, that story about the Co man and the flow line coming apart made me remember this time we started taking gas at the shakers. Shut everything in and stopped while the gas crew came out. This co man had all the hands bring their box fans from their rooms and line them all around the porch to his trailer and hung a few sniffers out there and in his office so he didn’t have to leave his chair/tv and go to the muster point. Gas was so bad that the gas hand’s meter couldn’t read it. Pulled two vials from the shakers and couldn’t get a reading on the 2,000ppm test, the 10,000ppm test showed it around 6,500ppm.

But that co man wasn’t missing the Alabama game.

Last edited by Ducksanddogs; 09/04/21.