Renegade’s and BigDave’s stories in the douchey names thread got me reminiscing a little bit about time in the patch.

I was on a lease back in about 2014 that had a railroad track running right through the little access road. Some hands ran to town that night and got wasted. Coming back to the rig they got hit by the train about 200 yards from the rig. They walked away from it but the pickup was toast. Needless to say, they got run off.

Saw a guy drop a stand of 8” from the board tryin to latch up. Clanged around in the derrick for a bit and nobody got hurt. Scared the hell out of some people, though.

Saw a derrickhand come down the Geronimo line butt naked when they called him to take a drug test. Figured he was run off so he went out in style.

Saw a motorhand go inside a porta potty and then two floorhands ratchet strapped it shut, picked it up with a telehandler, and set it on top of the company man’s house.

Saw a roustabout get put in the hospital after putting a tarantula on a driller’s shoulder.

Saw a safety man who was a self-proclaimed jam up driller get on the handle to let the driller go smoke and twist the BHA off within 5 minutes.

I’ll think of more, but let’s hear some of your best stories.