Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"stand of 8” from the board tryin to latch up".

"Saw a derrickhand come down the Geronimo line"

"Geronimo line" and "8 inch." Oil field slang. Since I haven't worked in an oilfield, I don't know what you are talking about.

It’s a whole new language and makes it easy to mess with green hands.

Once sent a guy from the doghouse to the pusher to the company man to the mud engineer to MWD to the DD and back to the co man trying to get a box of toolfaces that the driller had ordered. Everybody was in on it and just kept sending him in circles. Got him again a couple days later with the key to the v door.

Didn’t have the heart to send him to talk to the mud logger. Makin somebody talk to a mud logger is a step too far.

We had a mud room head honcho type.
Refused to move up the foodchain and get out of the mud room.
Didnt wanna be on drill floor as a AD or be A driller in the heat or have to work hard physically, treat his pumphands like schitt...
Pissed alot of roughnecks and pumphands off that were wanting to move up and gain experience as a pumphand or mud room head honcho in mud room ops.
All part of their carreer progression.
I used to get tasked doing bags in the mud room every so often.
Fugging hated that schit 12 hours of lifting and feeding, basically stationary the entire time...

Dude was about 50.
Looked like skeletor just released from Auschwitz.
Trying to sell amway and diet pills from some website all the time in the break area, smoke room, galley...
Was in their one time smoking, he comes in.
Bout 15 of us in their.

He starts in on his selling schit.
Again......
Everyone is talking prior and then we all go silent.
Get a hint dickhead your schitt is falling on deaf ears...
He just keeps on and on and on...

I looked at him and said give us a f uc king break we dont wanna hear your bullschit.
Hey says you are a just rostabout you cant talk to me like that.

I look at him and laugh.....

I say you are a prick who is lazy holding up young guys from moving up. why dont you transfer to another rig and get the f uc k off this one.
Bout a 10 second round of silence.
Priceless....

Then drill floor types just cut loose on his azz.
Fugging hammering him about staying stagnent on purpose.
All they needed was a chance for someone to break the ice on skeletor.

That dude was fughing hated on the DD II.
Only people he could start that selling schit on was new 3rd party people and they caught on fast also.

SOP was just go into silent Bob mode on him.

During morning pre op briefing.
He would get up on his little mud room brief.
Even when the mud room wasnt doing schit...
Everyone from toolpusher and company man on down would just go into f u c k me mode having to hear him.....
Not to mention hearing him over the PA calling out mudweights during drilling ops when he was in all his glory.

Last edited by renegade50; 09/06/21.