Originally Posted by goalie

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
A Audit Team, Man and woman, from our main office showed up at our shore base unannounced to do a security audit on our Oil and gas sales points (The cash registers).

All of that documentation was kept offshore in the control rooms on the platforms where the sales points were located for the government folks (MMS) to see when they arrived unannounced on our platforms, their royalties are 1/6th..

There were 8 platforms with 6 different sales points. We left the shore base on the morning boat that hauls ass and trash mostly and emergency items for the drilling rigs’ needs (4 operating rigs in the field) and seas were up and it was rough. The boat unloads at each platform based on priority. Our presence was low priority.

It took several hours to make all of the platforms and we were bobbing around. Those 2 folks were deathly ill from seasickness and very pale, I think both puked up their azzholes.

When came time for us to board the first platform and the man basket was on deck of the boat, I got on waiting for those two.

The woman said “f’k this scchitt and f’k you too, were going back to dry land” so without looking at any documentation and never boarding any platform we road the boat back to Venice.

She got off the field boat went straight to their rental car and never said ‘Adios’. The man did the same.

3 weeks later the results of the audit arrived in the company mail and all items were marked as being “Stellar “.

My boss was amazed with kudos, etc. as was our Lafayette office saying it was great to know that our cash registers were in such good hands and under praiseworthy stewardship.

After all of that I went in my boss’ office and told him what really happened. That man bout pissed on himself laughing . He told our big honcho the lowdown and he did the same, laughing .

I was asked to write up a “Procedure for How To Prepare For An Audit”. That never got completed.

Like a little puppy following along behind.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.