Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by deflave
Imagine using force and violence to subdue a suspected criminal.

I'm glad my parents and grandparents didn't have to endure an America like that.

Ahh, but they did and it was undoubtedly much worse then, but with no video the blue shield, and untruthful reports, they had no idea it was happing.

It was always anyone and everyone's word against LE and in a courtroom setting with experienced slick lawyers just who do you suppose a jury would believe,,, beyond reasonable doubt and all that.

Well one things if for sure, the world seems like a much safer place now.

I remember my parents telling me that you couldn't walk anywhere in Chicago when they were growing up.

May not have been so for your parents depending on their age.

Had a neighbor awhile back, born in the early 1900's, grew up in Chicago. Car pulled up across the street while she was walking with her dad. She was age five. Dude got whacked by the guys in the car. She said something along the lines of "Daddy, that man just got shot". Daddy turned to her and said, "You always remember this, you didn't see anything"

Granted, it was an "Italian" neighborhood and during prohibition, so there was that. But I could tell by the way she told the story it had a bit of an impact on her.

Now, it seems one can't walk around big areas of Chicago without dad having to say something similar to their daughter.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?