Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by renegade50
Waiting....

I ate supper.

I went to boot camp and AIS at Ft Sill beginning in July of 2003. My one and only station was 24ID out of Ft Stewart Ga. Norman Schwarzkopf was the post commander. I was was assigned to Headquarters Battery. My sense of recall is variable. Sometimes I remember things crystal clear and other times it's kind of a blur. Adjusting fire, I recall add, subtract and up and down for air burst. I remember danger close but not the threshold. Fire for effect after I got the adjustments down. I never got to play with 8" from the Navy. We worked with 155 and mortar (105 IIRC) Back then we used PRC13 radios and 113 APCs. I was the driver. Broke track to do maintenance often and that could be a PITA. The cutting edge technology was paved penny, copperhead, GLLDs and DMDs. I got to go to White Sands to play with copperhead and that was cool. When the A10 pilots would call "fry" over the radio, schidt was about to get fun. I did one trip to NTC. Loading out was some work.

AIT Paul....
HQ Batt
What FA unit??

So you really was a driver for 2 yrs and never really did much 13F stuff, never sliced element out to a CA manuver unit, and the railhead was a PITA.
And you honestly dont know much about what you was.
Cause it was all sketchy.
And you can talk a little about bracketing a tgt but know zilch about a fire mission set up as a 13F.

And then you joined the CG as prior service???

Why was I of the impression you was a mil retiree from stuff on here over the years.

Or are you one of those 15 yr retired types from a RIF option or a med retired type???
Or just did some time and got out and went onto to other things.

Oh Btw Paul
Norman retired late 1991 IIRC.............

Last edited by renegade50; 09/17/21.