Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by LJB
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by LJB
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Thanks Doug. I was ready to buy this unit, but not having windage hold readouts is likely a deal killer for me. Hard to imagine a $3000 unit that won't do this nowadays.

The Zeiss and the new Swarovski units don't display windage either, as far as I know. I'm with you, a windage display would be very useful, but the big 3 aren't on board.

I'm guessing that they would want real wind data (i.e., from a Kestrel) to display actual wind drift, so displaying a drift value for a pre-set wind speed is not something they've incorporated.

I suspect the same thing. However, even the Kestrel doesn't display actual wind measurements for the firing solution. Rather it (i.e,, the Kestrel) displays a presumed Wind1/Wind 2 bracket. So you'd think the bino manufacturers would do the same thing.

Well, the Kestrel does display real-time wind measurements and incorporates them into a firing solution, but you can lock the values and display a constant solution for given WS1/WS2 values, and I think that's what you're referring to. WS1/ WS2 are not wind bracket extremes, but rather 5-second rolling average and max wind measurements, respectively.

Yeah, it can be done this way but I usually don't bother. I just manually set WS1 to 5 mph and WS2 to 15 mph for a quick/broad reference. If conditions warrant, I'll capture the wind data, but seldom will I do so.