Originally Posted by Senor_El_Guapo
how leica compare to swaro el range ?

Optical twins IMO/IME. I had both at the same time. Actually, I also owned the original Zeiss Victory Range 8x45's at the same time as well.

First off, I didn't/haven't used any of the "ballistic" features on any of the Binoculars/LRF combo's as I change rifles pretty regularly and I don't want to have to be messing around w/getting the proper program into the binoc. I keep a chart in the lens cap and/or on the stock somewhere for drop/drift.

Leica/Swaro comparison, not scientific, just my opinions:

They're optical equals. HD-B 2200 vs. EL-Range both in 8x42, prior to the newest version Swaro that does the GPS pinning thing.

I like the smaller target designator on the Leica better. The Leica displays the range significantly faster than the Swaro.

The Swaro will reliably range further.

Here's the reason I kept the Swaro and sold the HD-B and haven't bought any others:

Swaro has a setting that displays 2 ranges at the same time. Actual range and angle compensated range. You dial the short one and hold wind for the long one. Assuming one has the proper chart on board the rifle it doesn't matter what rifle you have in hand.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.