Thanks for the write up. Bluetooth does eat battery. How long does the CR2 battery last if BT is used constantly as in ground squirrel hunting?
Maybe next version can use a bigger battery such as CR123.
Originally Posted by GSSP

2) The other issue depends; it's an issue or not, on how you look at it. The bluetooth connection does not stay connected for more than about 5 minutes if the 3200's are not kept on or turned on before the 5 minutes expires. This is a battery saving feature, which i'm sure many will appreciate. The Geovids use a CR2 battery; roughly $4-5 each. Me, I could care less if I burn a battery each day I hunt or shoot in an NRL Hunter match. It's the cost of having fun!!! To reconnect the two devices I have to turn the 3200 on, go through the connection process (about a 20-30 second process). To some, not an issue. When i'm on the 4 minute NRL Hunter, or actual hunting, clock, it seems like an eternity. Leica is aware of this and hopefully, the German engineers will someday add another feature; :auto bluetooth disconnection or constant connection" feature.

Last edited by KevinLA; 10/11/21.

NRA lifetime member