I LOVE my Geovids! Bought my HD-B's some 5-6 yrs back. Used them to take 1 shot kills on elk at 810, 820 and 950, using only the dope they gave me. I shoot LR year round in NRL and PRS and now NRL Hunter matches, so please no judging. Several months back I upgraded to the 3200.com's. LOVE them....mostly! The 3200's are much much "option" rich. I don't need them to range at 5000, 4000, 3200 or even 2000 yds. I'm not an ELR shooter; no allure to me though am likely the 1st to hit the 1 mile milk jug. It does take a bit of understanding and practice to be proficient with the 3200's. Once I input the basic ballistic data into the phone app and bluetooth the data to the 3200's, I pretty much keep them in "off" mode. That is where it will use just the existing ballistic data and weather input from the 3200's for dope out to 1005 yds; dope only....no wind data. Occasionally, I can and do bluetooth/tether them with my Kestrel 5700 Elite. When that happens the on board ballistic data in the 3200 is negated and the Kestrel data is the "go to" data; to include wind. The "mostly" statement starts here.

1) Because of the 3200's magnesium/carbon construction the bluetooth signal is limited to about 2-1/2 to 3 ft. To help with that issue I carry the Geovids on my chest in a Badlands case. On the side of the case I attach a SAP (Short Action Precision) Kydex Kestrel Holster to the side of the Badlands case and keep the Kestrel in that holster. Pull it out, use it and put it back. The two will always stay within the 2-1/2' to 3' bluetooth limit.

https://www.shortactionprecision.com/collections/d-o-p-e-tools/products/sap-kydex-kestrel-holder

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

2) The other issue depends; it's an issue or not, on how you look at it. The bluetooth connection does not stay connected for more than about 5 minutes if the 3200's are not kept on or turned on before the 5 minutes expires. This is a battery saving feature, which i'm sure many will appreciate. The Geovids use a CR2 battery; roughly $4-5 each. Me, I could care less if I burn a battery each day I hunt or shoot in an NRL Hunter match. It's the cost of having fun!!! To reconnect the two devices I have to turn the 3200 on, go through the connection process (about a 20-30 second process). To some, not an issue. When i'm on the 4 minute NRL Hunter, or actual hunting, clock, it seems like an eternity. Leica is aware of this and hopefully, the German engineers will someday add another feature; :auto bluetooth disconnection or constant connection" feature.

I'm sure i'll keep using the 3200's for the next 5-6 yrs and upgrade to the newest and more useful model around that time.