Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I’ll let you know in a week or so.

Had a pre-64 for a few decades and have futzed with a couple of SS NH models. Those SS ones were solid, but attention to detail wasn’t their strongpoint.

I have high hopes for the EW MB .308 on its way here. Comes pretty dear, but nice stuff always does. If rj308 had offered up his SS .270 FW a bit earlier, we might be talking about a SC model instead.

I look forward to your review. Although probably not buying till after the first of the year the EW is what I have my eye on as well. Prefer not to have the muzzle brake but it is removable.
I seem to have a harder time deciding on a cartridge than a rifle.In the end anything from a 6.5 up with a good bullet and good placement probably doesn’t make a hill of beans difference on any reasonable shot. Maybe the answer is buy two, stock up on components and worry about other things?

The cartridge was easy for me. The dealer had both a 7-08 and a .308, plus a .300 and maybe a PRC. Always wanted a 7-08, BUT there’s a big pile of .308 bullets and brass here, plus a number of dies, and zero 7mm. Any advantage over distance for the 7 is, as the SCOTUS likes to say, moot for me. It will never be tried past 300 in my hands around here, and around here is the only place I shoot.

Did you order it from Elk County Ammo & Arms? They've had those in stock for a few weeks, now. [Edit: HAD. They're all gone now.] I was thinking about snagging one myself but can't bring myself to do it.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/03/21.