Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm

He still hasn't convinced *himself* apparently...

Irony: ignoring all the testimonials about quality and accuracy to fixate on the rifles being made in Portugal (even though the pre-64s weren't the original Winchester corp either)... then quickly changing the subject when Tikka comes up. Where are those made again? Not here... so you must like them for the quality? Not the historical pedigree or where they're produced? Hmmm...

And that's fine. Everyone has opinions and you know what they say about those.

In the context of contemporary rifles out-of-the-box, I find the MOA trigger to be better than Remington's Mark X trigger, which I think isn't all that bad out of the box, either. And the MOA trigger is leaps and bounds better than the Ruger M77 MkII/Hawkeye trigger. In fact, the only trigger I ever had that was really poor was a Ruger Gunsite Scout that had a trigger pull that was so light that you really only had to touch it to set it off. I think it was so light it might have been on the verge of being able to be slam fired. I never replaced it and ended up selling that gun.

All these can be made better. I've never bothered. I always learned to use the trigger that came with the rifle and never had one so bad that I couldn't hit what I was aiming at.

As far as the pre-64, it's a classic. Easily worked on. I would actually prefer that old trigger to the MOA. But those days are over. I've owned 1 pre-64 and 1 post 64 push feed and the triggers were fine.

There's a lot of bench rest shooters at my club, many of whom are shooting extremely high end custom rifles in calibers like 6mm BR who can put 5 shots pretty much through the same hole at 100 yards. I can see the need for the perfect trigger in guns like that. In my hunting guns, the MOA is very good indeed, and better than I need. I've made due with with much worse.