Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm

He still hasn't convinced *himself* apparently...

Irony: ignoring all the testimonials about quality and accuracy to fixate on the rifles being made in Portugal (even though the pre-64s weren't the original Winchester corp either)... then quickly changing the subject when Tikka comes up. Where are those made again? Not here... so you must like them for the quality? Not the historical pedigree or where they're produced? Hmmm...

And that's fine. Everyone has opinions and you know what they say about those.

In the context of contemporary rifles out-of-the-box, I find the MOA trigger to be better than Remington's Mark X trigger,
That doesn't take much.. I've nearly filled a trash can with THOSE pos's...
And the MOA trigger is leaps and bounds better than the Ruger M77 MkII/Hawkeye trigger.
Well, yeah, I'll give you that one..

All these can be made better ..
OHHH, yeah... smile

As far as the pre-64, it's a classic. Easily worked on. I would actually prefer that old trigger to the MOA.
....as does anyone who knows rifles.. smile
But those days are over. I've owned 1 pre-64 and 1 post 64 push feed and the triggers were fine.
Pre-'06 Classics can still be found - (without that pos MOA trigger) and they're still bringing pretty good prices.. I have just ONE M70 with the MOA trigger - obtained merely for inspection and critiquing, but have never fired it and it will be the very next one sold; hopefully within the month..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!