Originally Posted by Dinny
Originally Posted by Ky221
Originally Posted by Dinny
My third 35 Rem rifle was just finished. It's a Win M70 Featherweight with a Sako extractor. I recently loaded some of the (350 Legend) Hornady 165gr FTX bullets with LVR powder. It shoots very well and the bullets maintain 75% of their weight after penetrating 13" of wet newspaper and a piece of 1/2" plywood. My MV is 2393fps. One of these days I'll get a 336 too.
Thanks, Dinny

Any particular reason as to the 35 in a bolt gun? I have a 35 in a 336 so I'm not at all throwing shade on the round; but it does seems kinda odd to have a bolt gun chambered for the cartridge, a 70 FWT no less.

Kinda like buying a thoroughbred racehorse horse, to lead kids on at the petting zoo.

Because I can spend my money on whatever I want. I already have rifles chambered in 357 Max, 358 Win, and 35 Whelen.

Thanks, Dinny

I considered having one built on a Model 7 Stock/Action.

But then I also like the idea of it's cousin the .358 Win built on on a Model 7 Stock/Action.....and a .338 Federal built on a Model 7 Stock/Action. So many cartridges...so little time LOL
I just like the Model 7 compactness.

How long is the barrel on your new .35 Rem? Sounds like a sweet gun to me. Personally I don't care much about resale value on guns I don't intend to sell. If I have something built it is because it is something I WANT and I don't care what anybody thinks