Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Originally Posted by WTM45
Please identify ANY commercially produced hollow point/jacket/gilded construction pistol bullet that matches the deep digging potential of a properly created hardcast slug.
Energy transfer? Bah.
Attacking animals lead with their head.
Better have something that does more than ring the bell. It needs to get inside.
Even ball or fmj will increase the drilling potential over a hp. That includes a clogged one.

I've tested quite a few projectiles in various calibers and sabot combos through BP inline rifles where velocities can be pushed well above standard handgun speeds.
The XTP/XTP Mag were poor.
Blown them apart on deer necks. And that is not a tough medium compared to any bear's grill.

Yes, higher speeds cause issues as most jhp's have a velocity window. But slower speeds (handgun) bring their own inherent weaknesses.

I forgot to add, hollow points and soft points, bounce off animals. All the animals killed by them over the last 100 years are in the same file as the fake moon landing. How easily I forget. Must be the same reason why PETA led divisions of wildlife require them in the hunting regulations, it's safer for the cute animals.

What's in your CCW, lead hard cast? Cant have those whimsical HP's bouncing off biker jackets, getting clogged on cotton white tank tops and fat man grizzle.

XTP is a pistol bullet btw. I'd expect it to fail at rifle velocities...so would the manufacturer.

I've seen XTPs fail to expand at 1400 FPS I'll take a quality flat point hard cast any day

Deer are not large heavy game v

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first