Dont know about 180gr fmj's in 10mm, you didnt say if you hand load or not, do know i loaded up some 140gr Lehighs to 1550 fps in my DW 1911 10mm, i took two big old bath towels and wrapped a cow femur bone, zipped tied the towels securley in place, there may have been at least 40 layers of cotton towel around that bone, stood in the floor of a utility trailer and fired down on the center of the wrap, at the shot the bundle flipped up off the ground three feet in the air, the ties snapped, i could see bone fragments in the new dirt hole blasted in the ground, unwrapped the wad, a thumb sized hole was bored completely through the bone, i took a pic and sent it to JWP475, got his thumbs up approval on the test, not live green bone and real hide i know, but i'd have no hesitation using that one anything in an effort for it to find something else to do but jack with me, recoil is milder than you's expect and it runs like a fresh oiled sewing machine in the pistol.

All that said, you can call Montana Bullet Works, they'll sell you 250 coated 200gr flat nosed bullets cast harder than a whores heart for iirc 45 bucks shipped, i bought 500 for my 10mm, they run great, are accurate and have a plenty big enough meplat, i carry those easing up the mountain in ideally a north wind in the dark with my bow, big black bears, boar and mountain lions live up there, it's a mighty comforting set up to have along, i have no experience with charges and such, but have heard getting close and surprising any one of those animals could cause a charge, and that's exactly what could happen easing up a damp mountain road with a good wind in your face at dark thirty.

Trump Won!