Almost a year without a post to this great thread; I figured (as with my prior posts) I'd post something before it falls into obscurity.

I hope no-one minds a 22LR hybrid. Being the only one it probably qualifies as rare....

Left Handed CZ MS-R Silhouette ??

I wanted a lightweight Silhouette rifle. I had a left-handed Anschutz 54MS, the king of Silhouette rifles, although quite heavy and only a single-shot. The Anschutz MS stock is perhaps the most copied stock out there for good reason. The 54MS is very heavy for casual use. I wanted a repeater without all the pork.

I started with a well used left-handed Anschutz 54MS stock and trigger guard. While having contemplated it for a while, I now had to decide what to use for the light-weight donor action.

The contenders were a LH Savage, a LH Remington 581, LH CZ 452, or a LH Anschutz 1416. The main criteria were trigger location, bolt handle location, and action diameter. It turns out the beefy CZ 452 actions are the same diameter as the Anschutz 54 action (who would've thought) and the bolt handle was also the closest fit (to the bolt cut-out) of the bunch. Since I didn't know what I was doing, I didn't want to spend a lot given it might end up as a tomato stake.

Next I had to decide LH CZ 452 American or Lux. I have an American but the action mounts meant I couldn't use the Anschutz trigger guard without really complicating things. The 452 Lux mounts actually simplified things quite a bit.

Since the comb is too high for the sights and I wanted to thread the muzzle, the sights were removed. It shoots great!...Tom

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image]