Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Out of the 10%, how many actually SHOOT left handed? And how many of that actually USE a left-handed rifle?

I have met innumerable people -- anecdotal information that's worth at least as much as any horseshit from Wikipedia -- who are genuinely left-handed without any opposite eye dominance and shoot right-handed because that's how they were taught. (Or in the case of a co-worker, because he didn't want to be "different" when he was growing up.) I had a former co-worker who was genuinely left-handed who would NOT buy anything left-handed, because he was concerned that his children be able to use or sell anything of his when he's gone. (He's also a dunce, but that's another matter.) ...
Two related, but different discussions: Economic vs equality...
First, on the economic front, let me state that I have no expectation that Left Hand firearms will be a treasure trove of profit for the manufacturers. You have to produce what you can sell profitably. No profit, no business. Have run my own business for a number of years. I get it.

But chicken or egg ? Would there be more left handed shooters buying and shooting left handed rifles (greater market demand) if a greater selection of left handed firearms were readily available at parity or close to parity cost ? I am one of the guys you reference above that shot right hand rifles from the left side for 40 years because that was all I knew. Now that I know better, I would like to have the same opportunity to purchase the more unique rifles available to right handers without having to go the full custom route, or scrounging the internet for days/months waiting for one to come up for sale...

On the equality front, why does our society treat left handers as second rate citizens due to our unique handedness ? Why should your coworker above have been treated any differently as a kid for being left handed ? Versus tall, short, whatever ? Where is the "tolerance" for diversity among handedness ?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by Orion2000
please keep in mind that my previous post is in the spirit of open debate/discussion. not an attack on tmitch or anyone else... I'm not offended. And hopefully I do not offend no one else.
Take your lithium and calm down.
LOL ! I have often had the same thought after reading many of your rants... grin
If there were really money to be made in making left-handed rifles, "Winchester" would be making them as opposed to bullshit like "their" bastardized Model '86, '92, '95, and now '73 replicas.

There's not any discrimination, there's not any vast conspiracy, it's simply a dollars and cents, risk versus reward equation.

Right now we have Ruger and Savage filling the gap in that department from a major manufacturer standpoint (and sometimes Remington and Sako) as well as smaller manufacturers like MRC, Forbes, and Cooper for a "reasonable" price. Twenty years ago we had Ruger and sometimes Remington, Sako, and Savage (Savage sort of SUCKED before their current iteration under Ron Coburn's leadership.)

Our choices are about as good as they're going to get. Learn to appreciate them.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.