Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
Originally Posted by slumlord
So the kid had it coming?

No, of course not, just a contrast of reactions that the span of 50 years makes! I’d say that between this guy’s kid and “OMCHamlin” circa 1970, I deserved it more than he did! Dad was right, not all dogs are friendly. I guess mom was right too, as my arm didn’t rot and fall off, and back then, merthiolate was kinda both a cure and a punishment all at once.

Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
When I was a tyke, maybe 9 or 10 years old, we lived in Army housing in Heidelberg, West Germany. In those late 60s, early 70s parents would let’s kids stay out in the housing vicinity to all hours of the night, and I was hanging out with some friends in one of the stairwells. One of the kids Schafferhunds was hanging out with us and I was petting him and he casually turned around and bit the crap outta my forearm, toothmarks, blood, whole nine yards .
Know what everybody did about it? Mom cleaned it up (merthiolate, of course), bandaged it and dad told me “son, don’t assume all dogs are friendly”… And that was it. All of it, nothing else happened. Weird, huh?
I don’t think parents knew anything back then….

^^^Dumb ass^^^

Wow, I’ve been quoted by deflave!!!! I mean, I had to pull him off “ignore” to tell it, but still, what an honor…

They always peek.