Originally Posted by electram

I am thinking of the best way to address this. I have never actually been in the school due to covid. I don't know the principal or any of the teachers. My wife has met a couple but not the principal. Right now it is about making things better going forward to prevent a repeat. I don't feel I need some kind of justice for boy because he is fine.

What is egregious here is not so much that the dog bite happened, but the teacher’s and school’s response to it.

What you have described is a significant injury.

Why didn’t THEY take your son to the ER as soon as possible?

Usual practice is you signed a permission form giving your consent to such, this form a requirement to be submitted to the teacher leading the trip before departure. This form also brung along on the trip PRECISELY in case of a medical emergency. If such occurred you should have been contacted immediately per the contact info you provided on the form.

Contact with all the teachers on the trip should be freely available to you, a meeting should be arranged at your request.

Covid is less of an issue now, make a point of meeting the Principal and all of your son’s teachers in person.

You don’t want to rock the boat at school in case they get PO’d? Egad man, that alone is a huge red flag on both the school and you.

As a parent it’s your JOB to rock the boat in cases like this. If they treat your son any different after that, you’d best pull him out anyway.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744