Originally Posted by electram
To touch on a couple of points:

-the boy was seen immediately by an ER physician in the family and cleared pending confirmation of vaccination record. This was free and Thank God he is fine. No medical bills.
-in the couple of weeks since he has healed up fine and doesn't seem bothered. He is a sturdy little kid. We realize he was extremely luck and are thankful.

I don't have any plans to sue. There is nothing more than nuisance payment in it. I may send an attorney letter to the campground to ensure that their insurance is notified and they are forced to take corrective action. If my boy had to get the rabies shots I would have done everything possible to put that place through a living hell because that would have taken it to another level of disregard in my opinion. Thankfully that didn't happen.

The school is not an easy situation. It would be a different story if I were ready to just break contact with them. My boys are very happy there. I don't want to ruin it for them. What I would really like to see is for them to provide reset training for all of the faculty and use this as a learning point. I know they haven't done that because my younger son's teacher was unaware of the incident until my wife told her.

I am thinking of the best way to address this. I have never actually been in the school due to covid. I don't know the principal or any of the teachers. My wife has met a couple but not the principal. Right now it is about making things better going forward to prevent a repeat. I don't feel I need some kind of justice for boy because he is fine.

You seem to be a reasonable and rational man. Sorry for your troubles, glad your son is okay.