Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by RufusG

You understand perfectly what his question is. And the answer is it's only for the power delivered when the sun is shining, not for the 16 hours a day you have to get power somewhere else.

And the problem of a willing buyer and a willing seller agreeing on a price is, what, exactly?

Hey, you skipped over my question about your solar backup generator. How's that working out?

You keep throwing random statements in this thread like a drunk with Tourette syndrome, and expect everyone to chase your red herrings. Like all your other verbal vomits, there’s no relevance to the ongoing discussion.

But to answer your question: at our level of draw, it would take at least two Tesla power packs to have a full 24 hr back up, and you have to buy their expensive inverter (total cost over $150K), AND they are back ordered for over a year, depending who you ask. That’s five times the cost of a simple propane generator, so that’s what got installed. Besides, a backup battery and a backup generator have two different functions. The propane generator is an emergency backup system. The battery function is to store excess energy and move it in time to a time of deficit supply. All of which is utterly irrelevant to the discussion of utility scale cost of solar and storage, which you keep avoiding.

I have a quote for a full solar / backup package in my desk drawer somewhere, but the Trump administration Chinese import duties increased the price to where the payback was more than 6 years. I have several investments I can make on the farm that have payback periods less than half that, so it’ll stay in the drawer. Again, utterly irrelevant to the discussion the cost of utility scale solar and storage, which you keep avoiding.

Sic Semper Tyrannis