For some reason around here, a lot of 'new' landowners try to run a bluff, tacking up no trespassing signs a long way from actual property lines, closing roads to public land that have been public easements since gold rush days when the first surveys were done. I had a run in with a guy who closed a road that accessed about 10 sections of BLM land. I backed down and took my beef to BLM district office in Medford, the BLM rep told me, "Yeah, we are aware of it, legally he can't block that road, but we just don't have the budget for legal proceedings against him." Not knowing anything about legal stuff, I asked if the BLM could take the pertinent documents to a Federal District judge and just get a 'cease and desist' and get the damn gate unlocked. BLM guy got pissed at me, long story short, that road remains locked to this day, and now it is called the "Pilot Rock Wild Area" or something, Obama's expansion of the the Siskiyou Natl Monument, a land grab of historic proportions. The bottom line being the public land hunter gets screwed again.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.