My land is surrounded by tens of thousands of acres of ranchland and a bunch more of state land, and one of the ranchers (since passed away) used to give outfitters permission to hunt his land. He'd tell them to ignore the small landowners like me that have parcels surrounded by his land as he retained right to hunt the land (totally not true). One day during elk season, my brother and I were on my land hunting and a truck barreled through the middle of my land. Four guys in blaze orange in the truck and I beat feet to intercept them, leaving my rifle and gear with my brother on the top of a rise.

I got to them and they were belligerent. First I told them to look at their GPS and they'd see that they aren't on the rancher's land. They did and then started to argue with me, as I own the land through an LLC and they insisted that I'd have to prove I owned the LLC. I didn't have a weapon on me that they could see (I kept a Glock 27 in my pocket, but didn't have it out) and these idiots decided that it was four guns against none and said something to the effect of they were in the right and I better get out of their way. I said that it wasn't such a smart move on their part. They asked why, and pointed out their guns and my lack of firepower.

I pointed up at the top of the ridge, where my brother had an AR pointed right at their truck, and said "he just got back from Afghanistan and he's not a bad shot."

Never had a problem with that rancher again and when he died, I made a point of introducing myself to the guy who took over his land to remind him that he doesn't own my land. It was all very cordial and the new owner has not been a problem. There are still idiots who think that my land is the rancher's land, but the rancher now tells them that they're wrong.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.