There is a state section next to our farm/ranch, and the best, but not the only, access to this state section is through our place. I've always been polite about letting folks use our road as access, but I'm usually clear that they not hunt our place. Likewise, I've told hunters on that state section if they wound a deer on the state section and it makes it to ours, they are free to retrieve it on foot. And most hunters are pretty good about things...but....some out of staters who hunt on our place each year for the past 50 years (we're on the third generation of them, traces back to a friendship with my fathe) had permission to hunt during opening weekend. The opener was thick, pea soup fog, so thick the renter said he was very careful turning off the highway to do the fencing he had planned for the day. He heard shots.....it was those hunters....and encountered them later and asked how they knew what was behind the deer they were shooting at. They gave him a puzzled look. I may rethink their permission if that is the extent of their good judgement.