Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
My inlaws had a section of BLM that was landlocked inside a ranch that they owned. My FIL had it surveyed and fenced so that there wasn't any question about what was deeded and what was BLM. The last guy from BLM who I spoke to about that lease told me that the only people with an implied easement across the deed land to the BLM land would be the grazing lease holder and the BLM peronnel. My inlaws held the grazing lease on that section of BLM, as did the previous owner, and I believe that the current owner has the grazing lease now.

Screw BLM, that’s just helping another government agency screw the public. BS excuse

BLM manages the land and if they tell me something that doesn't seem particularly germaine to my situation I take them at their word.

I never had much to do with the management of that ranch from 2004 to 2019 even though I had a limited POA to make decisions about it. It was my FIL's hobby plaything when he was alive. When he passed, my MIL leased it to a niece for taxes and fees and the niece and her husband ran cattle on it, but failed to make a go of it. After they quit the ranch, my MIL paid a family to take care the infrastructure and allowed them to run cattle to supplement their income. When my MIL passed, my BIL and Wife decided to sell it, but as part of the sales agreement we got perpetual trespassing rights to hunt on the deeded portion of the ranch. The guy that bought it installed his guy to take care of the infrastructure and leased the grazing rights to a neighbor.