Best (as far as camo) Camo jacket I ever had was a faded army olive-drab that I drew black splotches on with a permanent marker. The marker cost almost as much as the jacket, IIRC. smile

Rain gear? Olive HH does just fine, for under $100 I think. (It's been years since Iv'e had to buy any new). I've never had a set of "breathable" crap that actually worked as advertised in heavy rain, wind, or going through brush. though it might be a tad quieter (I've still-hunted wet on purpose a few times). And the "breathable" generally was "waterproof" for only about 3 days, unless one is sitting in a covered blind or protected tree-stand. With moderate to heavy exercise, you are wet inside anyway, either kind. Might as well be warm and wet as cold and wet. One kind will definately keep all the outside water outside, the other not so much. The breathable works well in mist or below freezing temps with snow falling, and that's about it.

You can buy high end guns, and ammo/ bullets for 2-10 times the price of stuff that works at the business just as well. Paying for fluff, often enough. The only "not previously owned" gun I have is the Savage/Fox SS in 12 ga. I've got less than $150 (take-off .260 barrel, bedding epoxy,) into the Rem 725, which was given to me in bad condition, off a wrecked Eskimo sled out in the boonies. It works fine to 400 yards, as long as I shoot 140 gr. bullets, mostly Corelokts.

The $400 Walmarty cheap-ass, POS Rem 770 I acquired has sufficient accuracy (1-1.25 MOA) with factory ammo ( 150 Corelokt) that it killed dead and dead two bull caribou, both 300-400 yards, back in August. I'll have to look at why it badly stubs the noses of Corelokts 180's on feeding and see if I can change that. Or not use them, maybe, if it makes a difference in accuracy.

Get 'er done! Whatever works.

Last edited by las; 11/07/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.