I wore wool for years, Filson, Sleeping Indian and King of the Mountain, then I discovered KUIU and have not worn wool since. It's mainly the weight and comfort, makes a big difference if you are climbing or walking distance. I tried Sitka but just doesn't fit as well, I wear KUIU camo up top, solids on the bottom. Mostly I buy the stuff on sale when I can as I have most of what I need, picked up a new pair of pants Monday on their 25% off sale. I recently bought a KUIU rain jacket and it's so quite and comfortable that I wear it as an outer layer to block the wind. My father killed a truck load of deer in his life in his Dickies work clothes, never owned a piece of camo, and his 12 ga shotgun so I know you don't need fancy clothes to be successful but life is tough and why not be warm and comfortable when you're doing the thing you like most (at least in my case) and be comfortable. A lot of the people here that say you don't need fancy camo are the same ones hunting with rifles costing $2k +++ so it's just a matter of what you like.

Last edited by 257Bob; 11/10/21.