I do some pretty cold weather hunting and have a few "better" pieces of hunting clothes. some of that new battery heated stuff looks awful tempting!
Years ago (15-20) Cabelas used to sell "Goretex Thinsulate Jeans" I acquired 3-4 pairs over the years. They are my go to hunting pants and cold weather fishing pants. Kahki colored, warm, waterproof, breathable and comfortable! Best hunting pants I've ever tried. Mine have some rips, tears, repairs, etc but I still love em! Bloody pants leg? hose it off! Only place to sit is wet? sit down, they're waterproof! Good for a late fall football game too!
15 or so years ago I bought a Cabelas Orange Parka. Thinsulate and Goretex. Zip out orange jacket liner, plenty of pockets, detachable hood, warm, waterproof, versatile, and comfortable.I'm not a fan of Camo, never really was. Especially all the new stuff. just my opinion.....
What's the purpose of camo pants, underwear, long underwear, belt, knife, rifle sling, shirt, vest, jacket etc, then to cover it all with blaze orange? seems stupid to me.
When I was a kid we wore heavy canvas coats/vests and pants for ducks and Pheasants. I have no problem spending good money on quality heavy wool socks, boots, gloves, and hat!
All that being said, the prices of new stuff is ridiculous and mostly all of it seems to be crap made in China. If it's from China it should be about 10-20% of what they charge.
I'm 62 and my stuff still has another 10-15+ years in it. I'm set.