I have an older 3-10 SHV, with the parallax adjustment. It’s a nice scope, but on a long action you’ll really be locked into one position unless you get fancy with the rings/mounts. It tracks well and the glass is nice; the feel of the turret is really not great; mushy feeling clicks, rough patches when turning it.... I almost wonder if mine should go back to the mothership, as I’ve not heard others complain about this... anyway I’ve moved it around on several rifles and it’s done great. It’s currently residing in an Aero Precision mount on my semi-heavy AR15 and I’m looking forward to dialing the rifle out there a ways just for grins. I wouldn’t personally put it on my .338 WM; the eye relief seems a bit short for my tastes for that. YMMV.

I came into the Zeiss V4’s via these 1-4x30’s they offered for a while. They went on closeout when they disco’d them, at a sick price for a Jap scope with the feature set and of that high quality, so I snagged a couple. They live on AR’s as well. But they were so nice I have now bought two more V4’s, a 4-16x44 and a 4-16x50. They can be had as “demo’s” for a fairly great price (for what you get). The 44mm version, I got with the duplex and it’s very easy to see in low light. For the 50mm I got the simplest of the fancy reticles, with illumination; I forget the number, basically a simple crosshair with some hashes (not a dang xmas tree with tiny wee numbers and words that I can’t read anyway, lol)...... I plan on buying one more of these before this buying fever subsides. smile They are a really nice rifle sight, from what I can tell so far. The lack of reloading supplies is preventing me from really wringing them out, but I can say, zeroing them at the range, playing around there, and doing a little long range shooting at steel they’ve behaved like my Nightforce scopes. They go where you dial them, then come back to zero. The dude at the place I buy them said they are made in the same factory as NF SHV’s with “the same stuff” internally. Can’t say yay or nay to that, but it does appear to be the case. The turret is far superior to the SHV turret setup, and I like it better than the turret on my big NF NXS, too. It’s a really slick design.

It’s a shame they don’t put the fancy turret on the 3-12. I can say a couple things there. First, it’s the same design as the capped turret on the older Conquests, just upsized for a 30mm tube. I have used the capped turret on multiple older Conquests with great results; it’s actually a good setup, for what it is. Workable. And second, any turret is basically a glorified coin turning a slot, like the old days with scopes. What I mean by that is, most of the precision, or lack of, is in the internals- primarily the erectors. If the 3-12 has the same high quality internals as the other V4’s, and why wouldn’t it, but just with a simpler “coin”’turning them, it could be a real sleeper.

The older Meopta-built Conquests were optically brilliant. These new V4’s are a notch above that. Really nice.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!