I have the Nightforce “unitized” ultralight mount on my heavy 7 WSM (which has a NF NSX 5-25 on it) and I like it. It’s like Talleys connected by a rail, sorta, but much cleaner and simpler. I really am not into rails on “hunting“ rifles; way too tacticool for me.

May not be relevant to anyone reading but I’ll mention it in case- if your M700 has a one-piece PTG bolt, you’ll need medium Talleys to clear the ocular of a V4. That’s how I ended up with the 4-16x50mm V4; if I was going mediums anyway, might as well max out the scope objective. That rifle, a GAP Extreme Hunter clone, has a Manners SL stock that works great with mediums anyway so no biggie.... Also FWIW, the 4-16x50 V4 is optically superior to the 44mm version beyond just being quite a bit brighter in dank grey light. It’s better at full mag, better eye box.

As to durability, only time will tell, but they are showing me enough that I’m bullish on them for now. I can’t remember a scope I’ve owned that was rock solid in terms of tracking and RTZ and repeating, that later conked out.... I mean, I own or have owned a half-dozen of the Meopta Conquests and run/ran them for many rounds on hard kickers, including my .338 which has had two different models on it. No issues, and I’d be really surprised if the Jap V4’s were LESS bombproof. But, I’ve been surprised before.

Side note, the Meopta Conquest 3-9x40 is the best general purpose hunting scope I’ve ever used on long action hard-kickers. Miles of eye relief, solid mechanics, great optically in all ways.

Anyway, back to the V4’s, if someone can point me at some H1000 and 7828, I’d be thrilled to give them a major workout. I have bullets, brass, steel plates, and primers galore but I’m down to my last couple pounds of those powders and I’m not gonna burn it up just to stress-test a scope.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!