Originally Posted by TBREW401
I was an HVAC/R tech and for a time our company serviced the main office of the local Sal army,
I found out that any donations they received that were valuable, ie, nice antiques, china, etc,. went directly to the commander's house. They never went to the resale centers.
That stopped my drop offs and donations. That was years ago.

I was a Logistics Section Chief on National Emergencies for many years (hurricanes, forest fires et al)... Went to Waveland Mississippi (3rd wave (i.e. weeks 15 thru 21)) after Katrina in a lesser role than a LSC...

Anyway, box after box of clothes were arriving daily... from all over the USA. Carefully packed boxes of new and used clothes from Churches, Boy Scout, Soccer team moms etc.

We took these donated boxes out to dedicated drop locations in the devastated communities and put them out for self-service for the people in need.

I drove away and would just park and watch... looked like hyenas eating a kitten... chit flying everywhere... the only thing EVER TAKEN (and not tossed on the ground) was name brand stuff in mint condition that could be sold on EBay (or wherever).

Summary... Make you donations and efforts to help... LOCAL ONLY... and KNOWN NEEDS.

Otherwise... you might as well just mail Joel Osteen a suitcase of cash.

Last edited by CashisKing; 11/25/21. Reason: Damn autocorrect typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.