Originally Posted by skfullen
My grandmother marveled everytime an airplane flew over. She lived 1908-1990.

I still remember her saying, "look,an airplane!". I said, "yeah", nonchalantly. She said, "well, I remember when there weren't any!"

I think people who were born around the turn of the 20th century saw the most staggering amount of change ever. Their lives were much more similar to those of ancient times than similar to ours today.

The big thing in my lifetime has of course been the tech gadgets but its not the same as getting climate control, electricity, indoor plumbing, cars, air travel, television/radio, telephone, etc. My parents were born in 1932-33 and still used a kerosene lamp to do homework after dark, parents had wood stove and fireplace, out house....and of course no AC and living in South Georgia.

In most ways, these are the best days ever......if it were not for liberal idiots/globalists trying to ruin everything. Only thing I would like to have back from the "good old days" would be the undeveloped Georgia coast and South Carolina low country.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn