My experience with the 8x57 and 8mm-06/8mm-06 Imp. has all been with military mausers,and it's all been uniformly very good.
I've found that the military barrels,assuming they are in good shape and the actions are properly bedded,shoot very well.
I have found that it is possible to safely go over the loading manual maximums,which are set intentionally low due to all the old warn out mausers around.
125 gr. bullets , if you can find them,can shoot accurately enough to be considered serious woodchuck loads.Most 150's do well,especially the old Hornady RNs,again if you can find some.
You'll find that the European factory stuff is loaded considerably hotter than the domestic ammo.The Privi Partizan 196 gr. loads are usually very accurate,and very effective on game.
My experience has been mostly with IMR 4350 and 4895 but my loading logs are packed away from a move several years ago.As stated above,if you are careful in your reloading,you are likely to find you can safely exceed the manuals and achieve some pretty surprising and pleasing results with all bullet weights up to around 200 gr.