Originally Posted by colodog
You might check the local rifle clubs to see if they have a "Varmint For Score" match.

Each target card has 6 targets printed on it.
As many shots as you want on the "sighter" but only one shot per target for the remaining 5 targets on that card.
The 10 ring is 1/2" diameter and the center of the 10 has a dot called the "X"
A match is shooting 5 target cards, a total of 25 targets for score with a possible score of 250-25x

Wiggle a little or forget to watch the wind and you'll drop 2-3-4 points in one shot.

Compete against yourself and beat your average, don't worry what the other guys are scoring.

A web search will explain it more simply than I have...

Score can be fun. But be aware that depending on club rules you very well could find yourself competing against true bench guns. If they have a factory class you should be competitive. Good rest and wind flags are needed. Some clubs run 100, 200, 300 matches where the 1 and 2 are one shot per bull and the 3 is 5 per bull. 200 can vary in shots, but 100 is strictly 1 shot per bull.
2nd drawback is caliber 224 has a very limited error rate pull the shot just enough it’s a 9 due to not touching the line. 6mm and 30 have a much larger error window. Although there is one variation that uses different size targets per caliber to even this out.
It’s a fun game, but don’t compete against just yourself. Sometimes you can learn a few tricks from the guys shooting high scores while your stuck in the low 2’s. I have even shot out of class just to push myself a little farther.

Swifty