Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
While you can get all the amino acids/proteins needed from a plant based diet, it isn't much fun and I hate many of the plants one must consume to achieve a healthy protein balance. It's sooooo much easier to eat turkey/fish/chicken for lunch and dinner and eggs in the morning.

The other thing I am a believer in is Avocado oil, nut oils, and olive oils - they lower the glycemic response to carbohydrates.

I have been able to cut almost 95% of sugar from my diet and my carbs largely come from various forms of alcohol. Some things I simply will not give up no matter how bad my health. I will die with a Scotch in my hand and they will have to pry my cold, dead fingers away from the tumbler - I pray that it is empty.

Hard liquor has zero carbs.
It's the sugary mixers.

While not a carb alcohol influences carb use significantly. Also, being a three carbon compound it cannot be converted to fat... it does get burned first and slows burning of other energy sources (sugars).

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.