Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Dude270
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Google "Smithfield country ham"... it was the Gold Standard forever. At least for us Virginians

IMHO... shave as thin as possible (often called chipping)... amazing stuff... on top of biscuits and gravy... chipped beef... grilled cheese sandwiches... you use VERY LITTLE... VERY THIN and VERY LITTLE...

Hell, looking at an ice cream maker here in the corner... I would make bacon or country ham ice cream even. The salt/Sodium is a killer... be careful or your BP will jack.

A dried ham will last for months...

Smithfield bought by China 3 or so years ago.

https://www.myrecipes.com/extracris...any-three-years-ago-has-anything-changed

Hell... China owns everything anymore... your bourbon is probably owned by China... fugg I hate that...

I love country ham but don't like Smithfield brand at all.

My favorite is turner hams from Fulks Run, VA followed by kites from over in Madison County.

Thanks... I'll check out "Turner hams from Fulks Run, VA followed by Kites from over in Madison County".

If I remember correctly, didn't you get a place in pendleton County?

If you come over through the Dayton or bridgewater area you can grab some kites from the Dayton farmers market. The meat counter
has it already baked and sliced thin for sandwiches. Pretty sure the grocery store in bridgewater sells it that way too, I know they have whole kites hams.

I'd be curious to hear how you like it compared to other hams

Pretty sure you need to go to fulks run for a turner ham but it's worth it. Friday they have fried ham sandwiches made to order. Let me know when you are in the neighborhood and I'll meet you there and buy us lunch.