Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
I am watching it and enjoying it because it is a western. My minor pet peeves are that the men seem to have been armed at a Cowboy Action Shooting club meeting, with a uniform armament of two revolvers including a crossdraw, the wagons only have two horses each instead of 6 oxen, the herd of "wild" cattle included a bunch of Herefords, and a bunch of people drowned in a river that was only waist deep. But, who cares? It's a western, which is a rare commodity these days.

Yep. I laughed when I saw the Herefords in that herd of Longhorns.
And the Brazos where they crossed isn’t too far down the road from our Ranch. You’d be damn lucky to find a 2 foot deep hole anywhere along that section of it. Unless they had 24” s of rain in the last 48 hours.
We still had the wagon my Great Great Great Grandfather came to TX in when I was a kid. Used to play in it.
I’ve still got the harnesses and reins for it in the barn. It was set up for 4 horses. But Great GrandDad said they only used 2 horses with it quite a bit when he was a kid. Depending on what they were hauling. And he said they mostly used mules to pull it. The same ones he used to plow with.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/17/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~