Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by HitnRun
If it was any slower, it would be going backwards. They couldn’t possibly make it to Oregon in 5 years at the rate they’re trying to leave Texas.

If it wasn’t for saddles and guns, the show wouldn’t be worth watching for 5 minutes. The only thing worse would be to have a 6.5 Creedmoor in the show somewhere.

TX is 660 miles wide. And 790 miles top to bottom.

If they made 20 miles a day, which would be phenomenal time in a covered wagon pulled by two horses, that would take 33 days to cross TX. Or 39.5 days to go from south to north.
I’m guessing a trip to Oregon took at least 6 months or so.

GrandDad said he made a 120 mile trip with his Dad in our old covered wagon when he was 6 years old. Said it took them over a week. He said he walked all the way while his little sister who was 4, had to ride in the wagon.

Go ahead and make excuses, Lewis and Clark covered more than Texas in half the time. Not only that, Lewis and Clark avoided Texas entirely.

Wasn’t a Fuqking excuse. Travel by covered wagon over land was slow. Lewis & Clark covered a lot of miles in boats and on foot. Not encumbered by covered wagons carrying tenderfoot immigrants.

OK, I get it, you like it even though it is slow and poorly written. The story is more important to you than how fast they can get their sorry asses out of Texas.

You might want to review some of the episodes, when they are not moving at all and camping for several days at the same site. I don’t care how big Texas is, they will never make it to Oregon, camping out for days at a time.

Captain Yutz, played by Sam Elliott, never looks in their wagons before they leave to see some migrant has a piano stashed in his wagon? For $hit’s sake, he’s 80 years old and leading these German migrants that ended up in Texas that want to go to Oregon. Who the hell goes to Texas on their way to Oregon?

This script had to be written by a bunch of lab monkeys that got loose with a computer keyboard.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.