About 3:00 AM Monday morning, Dec 13, my wife of 18 years and my best friend in the world went into sudden cardiac arrest. I was in bed, asleep. Heard her yelling for me, jumped up, called 911. She lost consciousness and I administered CPR for nearly 10 minutes before the EMTs arrived (I'm certified). They got her heart started and put her on oxygen, but she was already gone. All day Monday in the ICU on a ventilator, the DNR questions, etc. Her answer was no in that situation, in writing, years ago. I went home at 7:00 PM, our dogs to look after. They wouldn't pull the breathing tube until I left, although I asked them to so I could be there at the final moment.

They called at 1:56 AM Tuesday to inform me she had passed.

Blood clots in her lungs caused it, they said. Covid negative, non-vaxxed. She had a history of clots though, since her last pregnancy in '89. Plus stage IV cancer in 2015, and 4 rounds of chemo. Any one of those could have been the culprit.

She is with God now.

Victoria was the best person I have ever known, bar none. Honest to a fault with the utmost integrity. She would punch you in the mouth if you deserved it, friend or foe, but would give you the shirt off her back if she thought it would help. She always did the right thing, even when it hurt her to do so. She never lied to me in the 19 years we were together, and not only made me want to be a better man but helped me to be. I'm proud to have known and loved her, and doubt I'll ever meet her like again.

I'll miss her every minute of every day, always.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy