Originally Posted by gunnut308
Call and ask for Josh, he’ll go over the entire check list. Then he’ll email it to you to confirm.

Example list, I probably missed something.

McMillan Hunters Edge for a Model 70 Post ‘64.
Short action (308 win)
Right or Left hand bolt.
Standard or Featherweight barrel channel.
Sounds like you have the factory 2pc bottom metal.
Length of pull (13.5” is standard).
Sling studs (stainless or blue) or flush cup attachment.
1/2” or 1” Decelerator pad.
Paint color or colors. Lots to choose from.
It’ll already have aluminum pillars installed.

This one is black with gray speckles and is probably my favorite with stainless. Last time I ordered a stock I was told no more red pads and that sucks..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Rifle looks great. I'm a sucker for those red recoil pads. I'm in agreement with JMR on buying used mcmillans. However, I have not seen any used ones here for a long time. It may turn into a long waiting game. The last ones I bought used were damn good deals though. I think I bought 2 from Oregon45 here. They were both hunters compacts. One of my favorite stocks to throw a model 70 action into:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
The majority of those were around $350.00 used, but in like new condition.

However, I'm one that doesn't mind the factory tupperware. I just glass bed them and paint them and I'm pretty happy:

I understand the weight factor, but you really aren't going to lose a bunch of weight by going to a Micky from a short action factory tupperware. The hunters edge is going to weigh in around 22-24 oz's, the short action tupperware is going to be around 27-29 oz's. So you lose around a 1/4 pound. Sometimes there's a reason to pull a stock and replace it with a mcmillan edge or even a micky with standard fill. That is actually my preference, as I do not like the graphite edge stocks. And sometimes it makes more sense to just upgrade the factory stock. One thing that can be said about the Mcmillan is it's going to be a lot stronger and more rigid, where the tupperware stocks are kind of soft. That in no way means it will shoot better in the Mcmillan, because it won't. The tupperware done up right is hell for utilitarian, but can also look and feel pretty good. IMHO...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA