Originally Posted by Winnie70
bsa, thanks for that info i know the 5 digit value. As far as shooting, I have always been a believer in first shot accuracy. Before deer season I always shoot a shot to confirm POA & POI on separate days, this year was a 1/2 POI with a hand load Barnes 130 TTSX, Some years, little more some little less, Am seriously thinking of replacing my old Illuminator 3x9 Redfield with a Leupold VXII 2x7 that weighs 10.5 ozs and that would get me down to 7.10 lbs.or so. I hunt mostly open fields and pastures and seldom take over a 300 yd shot and the Leupold is on a varmint rig now that have taken coyotes at last light with it, In fact, it is somewhat better in gathering light than the Redfield. Will see. Not having any luck finding any thing on classified and will be paying heavy price for a few ozs I know.

Sounds like a great rifle. I hear you about first shot accuracy. I sure believe in that as well. I'll also shoot 5-10 shot groups to verify accuracy/precision as well. I'm a shooter, so I look for the opportunity to shoot my rifles. The higher number of shots really confirms your whole shooting system, including the shooter. Something a lot of guys don't like facing, in my experience. Your average hunter is not like a lot of guys I hang out with at my club. Where we shoot 10 shots for score, multiple times in an event. You have the right idea with your rifle though. Even the 2-7 leupold will work out great on that rifle. It is trim, glass is clear and its light weight. Excellent choice for that rifle. There shouldn't be any issues mounting that particular scope on your rifle either. The tube mounting length is optimum: Slightly longer than a 2.5-8x36. I'm hoping someone steps up to the plate and offers you a good mcmillan stock. It may just be a waiting game though. Unless you choose to buy new.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA