Originally Posted by Winnie70
I put my Leupold VXII 2 x 7 on my W70 Classic 308 today and weighed in at 7 lb 8 oz, so quite an improvement over what I had. Can definitely tell the difference. Just before it got dark was able to fire a few rounds and got it zeroed, and cannot tell any difference in recoil. Will still be on look out for McMillian Edge stock....get it down to almost 7 lbs. would be great.

7 pounds would be sweet winnie. That 2-7 Leupold should work out great too and not too be too top heavy. Just about perfect for packing around in the woods. I'll be working on my new XTR FWT tonight.. Haven't pulled the stock off yet or even cleaned it yet, but I may start a thread on it, if It needs a bedding job. I look forward to playing around with that one and shooting the little 22-250. Judging by the condition of the bore, I'm thinking it should turn in moa 5 shot groups. The rifle hasn't been shot a lot.. However, my gut feeling tells me it's not going to shoot as well as my cheap azzed Stevens 200..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA